Every year, the Plumstead Make Merry provides as many free activities as possible to ensure an entertaining day out for all the family. To run an activity or workshop at the 2017 festival, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Activities for 2016:
- Dr Bike and a pop-up Bike Market to buy and sell bikes
- Fire Brigade – Fire engine and advice on fire prevention
- Greenwich Rugby Football Club – Rugby activities and Tug-of-War
- Charlton Athletic Football Club – Inflatable goal
- Charlton Athletic Community Trust Health Improvement Team – Find out about Kick the Habit, Greenwich Get Active, and Greenwich Health Walks
A dedicated area for children aged 11, drop-in to one of the following free sessions:
- 12.00-12.30 – Boppin’ Bunnies
- 13.00-13.30 – Diddi Dance
- 14.00-14.30 – GDND Street Dance
- 15.00-15.30 – Steffi’s Recorder Revival
- 16.00-16.30 – Family Funk
Displays and workshops throughout the day:
- 12.00-13.00 – Displays
- 13.00-14.00 – Workshop
- 14.00-15.00 – Displays
- 15.00-16.00 – Workshop
- 12.10-13.10 – Felt Making with Maggie Rastall
- 13.20-14.20 – Wandsworth Ukelele Troop
- 14.30-15.30 – Bonkerz Drumming
- 15.40-16.40 – Mindfulness with Sarah Walters
- 16.50-17.50 – Laughing Yoga
You can also take part in the following competitions:
- Vegetable & Fruit Sculpting competition. Open to everyone. Bring your sculpture to the Information Tent and let the community vote on winners. Voting closes at 3pm.
- Queen fancy dress competition. Open to all ages and genders! Your interpretation is encouraged. Come to The Bandstand at midday and maybe you will be named ‘The Queen of the Plumstead Make Merry!’
- Best Dressed Stall competition. Are you a stall-holder on Saturday? Dress up your stall and maybe you will win this prestigious award.
- Quiz hunt. Open to everyone. Come along to the Information Tent and get your questions, return the answers and be in with the chance of winning a prize.