Are you a musician or part of a dance act? Do you perform spoken word such as poetry or storytelling, or maybe you have another performance idea?
The Plumstead Make Merry is always looking for talented performers to take the stage at the festival. If you think that you could entertain a crowd come rain or shine, we want to hear from you.
There are two main performance areas at the festival, The Bandstand (the main stage) and the Acoustic Café (for acoustic and spoken word acts) and depending on the nature of the performance and the number of acts, slots are between 10-20 minutes long. All acts need to be family friendly, with no political or religious oratory, and although we would prefer local acts, proposals from further afield will be considered.
The two year rule
Due to the overwhelming number of applications we receive, in 2016 we introduced a ‘two-year rule’, meaning that if you performed in 2016, you may not have been considered for the 2017 festival but could make a full proposal again in 2018.
This process has made the application process as fair as possible for everybody and has also enabled us to have a variety of different acts performing at the festival.
How to apply to perform at the 2018 festival
Interested? If so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of your act followed by the word ‘Proposal’ in the Subject Line. In the body of your email please make sure that you include:
- Details and full name of your act,
- Any stage requirements that you have,
- Any web links to either view and/or hear your act. If your act is musical and you don’t have any web links of your act, you can include an MP3 attachment.
- Please also attach a recent photograph that we could use for publicity.
- Finally, please mention any links that you have (if any) to Plumstead, or the surrounding area. If you neglect to do this it will be assumed that you do not have any local links.
- If you would like to be added to the reserve list for the festival please state this clearly in your proposal.
The Decision Process
Once your proposal has been received in full, you will be added to a list for consideration by committee members. Decisions will be made shortly after the first or next round deadline, and you will be notified by email of any decision that has been made.
Applications for round one have closed, but there are still spaces available in the next round which closes on:
13th April 2018
If slots on either The Bandstand or in The Acoustic Cafe are still available after two rounds, decisions will be made as soon as possible throughout May once completed applications are received.
Please note that we are unable to pay performers.
If you have any questions about being a performer at the Plumstead Make Merry, please email Sarah at email@example.com
Photographs on this page are courtesy of Chris Mansfield and Dave Kenningham.