APPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING TAKEN FOR THE 2019 FESTIVAL
Are you a musician or part of a dance act? Do you perform spoken word such as poetry or storytelling, or maybe you have another performance idea?
The Plumstead Make Merry is looking for talented performers to take the stage at the festival on Saturday 8th June. If you think that you could entertain a crowd come rain or shine, we want to hear from you.
There are two main performance areas at the festival, The Bandstand (the main stage) and the Acoustic Café (for acoustic and spoken word acts) and depending on the nature of the performance and the number of acts, slots are between 10-20 minutes long. All acts need to be family friendly, with no political or religious oratory, and although we would prefer local acts, proposals from further afield will be considered.
The two year rule
Due to the overwhelming number of applications we receive, a few years ago we introduced a ‘two-year rule’, meaning that if you performed in 2017, you may not have been considered for the 2018 festival but could make a full proposal again in 2019.
This process has made the application process as fair as possible for everybody and has also enabled us to have a variety of different acts performing at the festival.
How to apply to perform at the 2019 festival
Interested? If so, please email email@example.com stating the name of your act followed by the word ‘Proposal’ in the Subject Line. In the body of your email please make sure that you include:
- Details and full name of your act.
- Any stage requirements that you have.
- Any web links to either view and/or hear your act. If your act is musical and you don’t have any web links of your act, you can include an MP3 attachment.
- Please also attach a recent photograph that we could use for publicity.
- Finally, please mention any links that you have (if any) to Plumstead, or the surrounding area. If you neglect to do this it will be assumed that you do not have any local links.
- If you would like to be added to the reserve list for the festival please state this clearly in your proposal.
The Decision Process
Once your proposal has been received in full, you will be added to a list for consideration by team members. You will be notified by email of any decision that has been made.
Applications for ROUND ONE will close on Friday 22nd March.
Applications for ROUND TWO will run from Saturday 23rd March to Friday 19th April.
If there is still space available in the schedules after Rounds One & Two, applications will be considered within two weeks of their full proposal being received.
We do operate a reserve list in the event that any performers drop out, or if you do not meet the ‘two year rule’ procedure. If you wish to be added to the reserve list please state that at time of application.
Please note that we are unable to pay performers.
If you have any questions about being a performer at the Plumstead Make Merry, please email Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org
- That you have read, understood and accept the terms and conditions of my application and understand how my data will be collected and processed.
- That you would like to see updates and promotional information from Plumstead Make Merry.
- That you are happy for Plumstead Make Merry to include details about your service outlined in your application in the promotion of the event.
Photographs on this page are courtesy of Sarah Harper.